911 Gear-5th Gen Vehicle Organizer Duty Bag
Many years ago we began selling other manufacturers duty bags. We quickly realized the world needed duty bags that weren't cookie cutter bags. We produced the vehicle organizer duty bag. We've released the 4th generation vehicle organizer bag and its been a HUGE success. At 911gear.ca we know your duty bag is the tool you use to get to and from work and carry all the important things needed to get you through a shift and home at the end of it.
**Ask us about our Military/Law Enforcement/ First Responders Discount Program**
We started designing the 5th Gen immediately.
We wanted to add extra storage yet keep the bag at the price point that it's affordable. This design took us 8 months, The first design prototype had to be changed. The second design was better and minor adjustments were made. We set out to test three different prototypes. All of them were great but the last one was by far the best.
Our previous bags really didn't have enough space for patches. Sure you could put on a big patch but it left very little room for smaller morale patches that are popular. We added more patch space on the top as well as the left side of the bag.
M.O.L.L.E / Patch Space: M.O.L.L.E is a popular request for bags so we decided to add more of it.
- We moved the large zipper pocket on the top of the bag and replaced it with two lines of M.O.L.L.E loops on both the top right and top left of the lid.
- We put soft Velcro on the tops of the M.O.L.L.E strips to allow larger patches to be used.
- We added more soft Velcro on the left side pocket of the bag and added two more lines of M.O.L.L.E on the pocket.
- The left side pocket is spacious and has a double zipper opening at the top and a second large pocket within a pocket.
Front of the Bag: I have always wanted to change the bag front. For some reason, we were stuck on the same design that all the other manufacturers had. The three pocket design that in hindsight is useless.
- We took the pocket from the lid of the 4th generation and the mesh pocket from the inside lid and put them on the front of the bag and added more M.O.L.L.E.
- As you will see both pockets are now much larger giving you, the end user more needed space.
Keep It The Same: There are some things that shouldn't change. So...
- We kept the MOLLE on the right side and the rear of the bag. Both areas are the biggest selling point for our bags. We decided not to mess with them.
- We kept the right side and rear M.O.L.L.E areas.
- We kept the headrest strap
- We also kept the rubber feet on the bottom of the bag to protect it.
Inside Lid: The inside lid of the 4th Gen bag had a couple of pockets a knife and pen slots. The feedback we received was too many slots. So we decided to keep the pockets and tone down the pen slots. We kept the headrest straps to keep the lid open while driving. The zipper pocket inside the lid at the top was also kept. The feedback on that pocket was it was a very useful pocket.
Specifications: (Measurements Approx)
- Lightweight 600D Polyester.
- Outer Bag Dimensions: 17" long x 12" high x 9" wide.
- Inner Bag Dimensions 17" long x 10" wide x 10" tall (to zipper).
- Lid: 16.5" long x 9.5" wide with double zipper closure.
- Two Left Side Pockets: 10" x 8.5 x 1" deep and 9.5" x 8" x .75".
- Right M.O.L.L.E Pocket: 8" wide x 8.5 tall".
- Rear: 17" long x 10" high M.O.L.L.E.
- Hand Straps with Velcro joiner.
- Shoulder strap with rubber shoulder pad.
- Three Dividers inside the bag ( 1 for length and 2 for width)
- 4 x Rubber "feet" on the bottom.
Construction: We know how important support within the bag is for quality. We had added polymer inserts for strength in front, rear, sides and lid. The main zippers on the bag are YKK zippers. YKK zippers are known for their durability. We also use YKK swivels on our suspenders because we know good gear should last.
ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SECURE BAG TO THE SEAT USING THE SHOULDER STRAP
- Loosen shoulder strap to its longest point.
- Undo the shoulder strap on the left side.
- Run shoulder strap from the right side of the bag behind the seat to the left side.
- Buckle left side strap into left side buckle.
- Tighten shoulder strap around the seat.